William Francis Sullivan
- Partner - 1974 - Present
Lighthouse Point, Florida
Mr. Sullivan is a native Floridian, born and raised in the Miami area. After graduating from High School in Miami he attended the University of Florida in Gainesville where he earned both his undergraduate and law degrees. While at the University he distinguished himself both academically and in his extracurricular pursuits. He was a member of Florida Blue Key, men's honorary leadership fraternity, and the University of Florida Law Review.
Mr. Sullivan reported for active duty with the U.S. Army in 1969 and was discharged as a Captain in the Judge Advocate General's Corp in 1974 at which time he joined Peter Portley in the practice of law in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Throughout the years he has been extremely active in both the legal profession and his community. He has served as the president of the local Bar Association and chaired the Florida Bar's grievance committee for two terms. He has served as a Municipal Judge, City Commissioner and the Mayor of his hometown of Lighthouse Point as well as devoting substantial time to charitable endeavors with the Pompano Beach Exchange Club, Dick Webber Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse and the Community Foundation of Broward. Mr. Sullivan maintained his Army Commission and retired as a Colonel in 1996 from the U.S. Army Reserves.
He continues his active practice of law accepting new clients only in the areas of estate planning and the administration of estates and trusts.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Florida, 1968
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1969
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1973
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 03/1968
- University of Florida, Gainsville, FL
- Bachelor of Arts - 04/1965
- Major: Arts & Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar, Member, Chairman, Grievance Committee (17E), 1985 - 1987, Chairman, Grievance Committee (17A), 1993 - 1994
- American Bar Association, Member
- North Broward Bar Association, Member, President, 1982 - 1983
- Broward County Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors, 1991 - 1992
- Dick Webber Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse, 1999 - 2001, Member, Board of Directors
- Community Foundation of Broward, Member, Board of Directors, 1999 - 2001, Secretary, 2002 - Present
- Pompano Beach Exchange Club, Member, 1985 - Present, President, 2001- 2002
Past Employment Positions
- City of Lighthouse Point, Florida, Municipal Judge, 1975 - 1976, City Commissioner, 1983 - 1987 & 1989 - 1993, Mayor, 1993 - 1999
- JAGC, U.S. Army Reserves, Colonel (Ret.)
- Blue Key
- Phi Delta Phi